The JeSTARx Group can support both your primary and secondary market research efforts. Our team works with you and market research specialists to get answers in a variety of ways. Primary research is based on respondent information, while our secondary research uses the various data sources to find the right answers.
Primary Research Knowledge Assessment
Primary knowledge assessment works with your team to identify the research objective, identify the appropriate respondents and research questions, field the research, communicate the findings to your team, and if appropriate, to a larger audience through publications and presentations.
- Interactive surveys that can be conducted:
- through touch-screen terminals, or
- through interactive two-way text messages (TWTM) on devices such as smartphones or tablets )
- One-on-One Interviews with health care participants at all levels,
- Live or virtual group programs, including:
- Focus Groups,
- Advisory Boards
The JeSTARx Group works with your team to identify, recruit, and compensate the appropriate participants. We have an extensive network of key decision makers from health plans and health facilities around the country and around the world and have experience working with:
- Primary care and specialty clinicians
- Chief Medical and Pharmacy Officers
- Managed care and other insurance / payer executives
- Healthcare based information technology executives, and
- Other targeted lists
Overall, the JeSTARx Group helps you understand the markets important to you.
Secondary Market Research
Our team is well versed in secondary market research. Many of our publications began as market research projects to quantify the impact of a disease or condition using secondary data. We work with a variety of partners to present your team with options for the data to address your research questions. Our analytic team works with you to identify the research question, license the right data, complete the analysis, and present the research to your team or larger audiences.
The JeSTARx Group began conducting interactive research in 1995 using touch-screen terminals at industry conferences that may focus on physicians, pharmacists, other healthcare or IT executives. The surveys use branching logic to obtain the most useful data in the least amount of time, can be coupled with educational or marketing messages, and can be used in conjunction with one-on-one interviews, live or virtual group programs. In person surveys were typically conducted at medical conferences, usually involving 300 - 500 physicians or other healthcare practitioners.
The JeSTARx Group fields research:
- on-line [click for a sample from a recent online survey].
- using touch-screen terminals [click for a sample from our interactive touchscreen market research system], or
- using interactive two-way text messages (TWTM) on devices such as smartphones or tablets.
The JeSTARx Group can conduct, or facilitate, interviews with health care participants at all levels. Recent projects include:
- Supporting a new product launches by attending a medical conference, conducting one-on-one interviews, and providing the client a summary report.
- Attending a conference and interviewing poster presenters and providing copies of the posters and a summary report of research being presented allowing the client to remain anonymous
- Recruiting and scheduling meetings with the client and respondents:
- Live during an industry conference.
- For blinded and non-blinded phone and web-based interactions.
Live or virtual group programs
Live or virtual group programs provide an excellent way to obtain information in a group setting. Using a group helps our clients identify consensus findings from the participants, and may be:
- Focus Groups, ideally include five to 15 participants. They may all be similar types of professionals (ie, all MDs, Pharmacists, or payers) or comprise a mix of the healthcare team. The focus group is generally professionally moderated and the clients do not directly participate (but may view the sessions through a two-way mirror). The focus group may work as a Delphi panel, where:
- The group is split into sub-groups focused on sub-topics.
- After each break-out session, the results are shared with the larger group.
- Additional sub-groups are then convened to review the other groups’ findings and develop a consensus statement.
- Roundtables, ideally include 10 participants or ‘advisors’. Similar to a focus group, a professional moderator is used—often a peer of the respondents. Unlike the focus group, clients sit at the roundtable and interact with the advisors. Most of the roundtables the JeSTARx Group conducts last about two hours.
- Advisory Boards ideally include 10 participants or ‘advisors’, use a professional “peer” moderator, and have the clients participate and interact with the advisors. Advisory boards often last longer than two-hours.
Live programs may be conducted as stand-alone meetings, in conjunction with industry conferences, or at other locations. Virtual programs can be conducted online using the participants’ computers or web-enabled devices.
Advisors participating in focus groups, roundtables, and advisory boards are often paid an honoraria for their participation. The JeSTARx Group provides comprehensive compliance reporting.
Interactive Market Research Systems
- A great way to get 200 - 350 opinions in a very short period of time.
- Branching logic can be used to follow a certain chain of questions based upon a given response, or to administer different surveys (in other words, MDs and Pharmacists can each answer different questions)
- Our interactive survey system which has used since 1995.
- The surveys can be designed to:
- just gather information, or they can be more interactive and provide either general information or information based upon a response (e.g. correct use of a product or an 'advertorial' message).
- present case scenarios, and query participants regarding their actions in a variety of situations.
- create a focused message (e.g. start the participant thinking about a disease state, then on a generic class of drug, then on a particular drug as a solution).
- provide an 'ice-breaker' for sales reps to begin a conversation with participants completing the surveys.
- provide an interesting 'high-tech' component to your booth—and participant recruitment improves overall booth traffic.
- screen participants for one-on-one interviews, focus groups or advisory board programs.
- Health care professionals enjoy doing the surveys, and it is no problem getting them to participate when given an incentive such as a long distance phone card or conference tape.
- The JeSTARx Group typically recruits participants walking by a booth at a conference - our "YES" rate is about 85 - 90% with nurses and pharmacists, and about 70 - 80% with doctors.
- Reporting can be at the end of each day, and the results can be used to direct the questions in subsequent focus groups includes:
- Descriptive statistics
- Meaningful cross-tabs.
- Data provided in excel format.
- Statistical significance.
- Results can be used to direct the questions in subsequent focus groups and other programs.